Back to blogs
Buying Art Using eBay Coupon Art or eBay Coupon Code
Globally popular e-commerce company eBay, created by Pierre Omidyar as AuctionWeb back in September 1995, is recognized as the first ever virtual auction website that allows users to transact person-to-person. Originally free-to-use, it charges a fee for sellers who list their items on the site. For buyers, the online shopping platform is free-to-use and even offers eBay coupon codes. These codes help shoppers save money while buying any of the eligible items, such as art paintings, available on the site.
Art Paintings on eBay
Practically anything that you need can be found on eBay, even items that are hard-to-find. Collectors know this, which is why many of them use the site to look for items like art paintings, both contemporary and modern artworks. eBay has an undeniably vast collection of art for sale, so you’re guaranteed to find what you need, regardless of whether you’re looking for artwork, buy a popular or new artist.
Aside from art collectors, art brokers are also welcome on eBay, as the site features items that are ideal for auction marketplaces and audiences.
All these art for sale can be within your reach if you have eBay coupon art or know how to use eBay promo codes.
How to Purchase Art for Sale Using eBay Codes
If you want to buy art on eBay, you can use special offers such as discount and coupon codes or vouchers. If you are a new user, the first thing you need to do is create an eBay account. Make sure that you sign up for discounts and coupons; otherwise, you won’t get updates about the new artworks on the list.
If you have already signed up with eBay and are eligible to receive discount codes and coupons, you can proceed directly to the following steps.
- Open eBay.com and navigate to My eBay. Look for the Summary section as this is where you will find any available discounts or coupons you can use.
- Click on the coupon to get the terms and conditions.
Once you have set up your account, you’re ready to bid on items and redeem eBay codes. A couple of reminders, however:
First, you need to look for a seller that accepts PayPal payments as this platform is what you’ll use to redeem the code. Then you can start browsing through the site and shopping for the item (or items) you want. After choosing the items, you can proceed to the checkout page and look for the “gift cards, coupons, or eBay bucks”. On mobile devices, navigate to Review Order to find the “gift cards, eBay bucks, and coupon” field. If a coupon is available, affix a check mark on it as you checkout. Once you enter the code at checkout, you’ll then be asked to confirm payment details and review your order before the purchase is completed. Once the process is done, you’re on your way to becoming the owner of a new artwork purchased via eBay!
Artworks for Sale in eBay
If you want to use your ebay discounts for buying art, navigate to Art category, where you will find several sub-categories that cater to the various interests of eBay users. There, you’ll find paintings by legendary artists like Picasso, as well as unique and modern masterpieces in acrylic. You may even find that elusive collectible movie poster you’ve long wanted to have.
Here are some examples of art items on eBay. These are classified according to the sub-categories they are listed in on the site:
- Art Prints feature collectible art items such as coupons.
- The Art Posters sub-category also has vintage items such as a 1982 advertising calendar that comes with coupons.
- If you like photos, there is an Art Photographs sub-category where you’ll find a wide collection of photo portraits, including those of important personalities such as former US President Bill Clinton.
- Meanwhile, the Art Drawings sub-category is ideal for collectors, especially since it’s where you might come across hard-to-find items such as an Andy Warhol-signed Campbell’s Soup Can coupon that dates back to 1986. Ink drawings, oil paintings, and watercolor masterpieces are also featured under the said sub-category.
The Art items on eBay vary in bid prices, with some starting as low as $0.01 while others go for $600. The above-mentioned Bill Clinton coupon art, for example, is worth $2,222, with the seller willing to accept the best offer. The Andy Warhol-signed Campbell Soup coupon, on the other hand, is priced at $600.
All these items may sound expensive to you, but if you’re an art collector or aficionado, you’ll grab every opportunity to purchase a precious artwork. Besides, you can use your eBay promo code for these art items. All you need to do is check out which one of the vouchers available to you are eligible for art items. Using an eBay coupon code is the best way to make your dream purchase come true.
Reasons for Purchasing Art From eBay
Aside from the fact that eBay has an extensive and varied list of artworks, there are other reasons why it is better – and smarter – to purchase art through online sources.
- Going to the gallery may have always been your dream, but certain factors make that quite challenging nowadays. Additionally, most art galleries have become too commercialized and focused on gaining profits. As a result, artworks often come with hefty price tags. While there is nothing wrong with this – as works of art are priceless masterpieces – some buyers won’t be able to afford the art they want. This is why many art collectors and aficionados are now turning to online platforms like eBay. Buying online is more practical because it’s easy to find more affordable deals, especially since sellers do not have to pay high rental rates. Also, purchasing the painting, poster, or photograph of your favorite artist is easier because you can use voucher codes.
- eBay functions as an online auction site, which means you and other buyers can bid on an artwork according to how much your budget is.
- Buying art on eBay is more convenient because you don’t have to worry about too many paperwork and other manual transactions. You also do not have to go through second or third parties (i.e. gallery manager) as you can communicate with the seller anytime you want to.
Important Things to Remember
If you want to enjoy shopping for art masterpieces on eBay using your ebay promo codes, you should keep these things in mind:
- You are allowed to use only one coupon for every purchase. Additionally, most of them come with a limited time in terms of usage – once only. To find out if you are allowed to use your coupon multiple times, check out its terms and conditions.
- Coupon codes that are in My eBay may not be redeemed by any other person except the account owner. They cannot be transferred or resold. Read your coupon’s terms and conditions to determine if you can share it with another person. However, if the coupon is not on your My eBay page, you may be allowed to give it to a friend or relative.
- You will receive an email confirming your order. Check out the details to ensure that the discount was applied.
- If you happen to use a coupon that covers only a part of the item’s amount, you can pay the balance using the funding sources made available at the checkout page.
- There may be instances when the coupon payment is reversed. When this happens, you will be refunded the exact amount that you paid for the item. Also, coupons for single item-use will likewise be returned, but the expiration date won’t be changed.
- eBay coupons cannot be used with other special offers such as vouchers, gift certificates, promo codes, or a gift card.
- Do take note that eBay does not offer any free shipping or free delivery coupons. So, if you ever find a code or voucher that offers such, beware as it is most probably a scam.
- Read through the coupon offer to find out what art items are eligible for coupon codes. There are certain categories that almost always accept coupons.
Aside from offering its users a wide selection of art items to purchase, eBay also allows its buyers to enjoy every shopping experience. With eBay coupon codes, vouchers, promo codes, and other special offers, it is easier, convenient, and more cost-effective to shop for all the art items you need to complete your collection.